In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We stood apart in ideas but together in mourning of a foregone moment, of black communities with a long gone connectedness although just as much disagreement.
- ‘These are accounts of people's lives,’ she said, vital for shedding light on foregone times.
- The force of character is cumulative. All the foregone days of virtue work their health into this.
- Must we just tag along to the daily chores of a stringent society, which has turned itself so vulnerable to the traditional boundaries of a foregone age?
- Therefore, bemoaning the past or longing for a return of foregone days in some way denies the person one already is.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.