In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1divisasbefore noun foreign exchange dealer / broker — agente de cambio
- foreign exchange market — mercado de divisas
- foreign exchange reserves — reservas de divisas
- Dumping refers to countries selling products at less than the cost of production in order to generate foreign exchange.
- The euro has made the management of foreign exchange much easier in the case of exporters and importers to and from the eurozone.
- Initially the area was known for illegal deals in foreign exchange.
- This is because, as with fuel, more than 70 percent of power production costs are specified in foreign exchange.
- We believed within a decade, tourism would replace mining and agriculture as Zimbabwe's number one earner of foreign exchange.
- If it were to expropriate their property, it would have to compensate them with scarce and precious foreign exchange.
- These industries are earners of foreign exchange and, even more importantly, they are generators of employment.
- Of the six largest forms of international trade, only three are legal: the speculation in foreign exchange, the sale of oil and of coffee.
- JFX further planned to expand futures trading to foreign exchange, interest rates and government bonds.
- But the PM did not yield so soon on his other question about foreign exchange.
- The workers have become a major source of foreign exchange and contribute an average of Rp 23 billion per year to the economy.
- We have all lived through years of extreme shortage of foreign exchange.
- We will decrease youth unemployment and establish a means of gaining significant foreign exchange with one enterprise.
- No developing country in the WTO is self-sufficient enough to survive without foreign exchange.
- By increasing exports on the other hand, the Zambian economy will increase the inflow of foreign exchange into the country.
- The administration has lowered the standard for local enterprises to set up settlement accounts for foreign exchange.
- He said there was no doubt that the demand for foreign exchange has increased significantly over last couple of years.
- This brings a reasonable amount of foreign exchange into their country.
- A spike in deposits from a country short of foreign exchange may signal high-level corruption.
- This factor is contributing to the increasing demand for foreign exchange.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.