In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1capataz femininecapataza feminine Latin America
- Usually, three section heads helped the head forelady supervise the whole packing or trimming procedure.
- She'd long believed her forelady, Miss Henderson, disliked her.
- Whenever he does that, he always alerts the foreladies and they in turn intensify supervision.
- The new National Union's constitution forbade membership eligibility to foremen and foreladies.
- The forelady of the jury was an African-American, who found the police officers to be entirely innocent.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.