In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(expert) forensethe forensic report — el informe del (médico) forense
- Officers from the Essex Police scientific forensic unit carried out an in-depth search of the area.
- The bank was closed until Monday as police completed their forensic investigation.
- The photograph was taken with a forensic technique using crossed polarised light of varying degrees.
- It was this third option that was most easy to test for, using modern forensic techniques.
- Specialist police forensic investigators spent yesterday searching the flat for evidence.
- The latest scientific and forensic techniques are being applied to evidence in the case as part of a review.
- Police cordoned off the area overnight and as dawn broke, forensic investigations began at the crime scene.
- At the request of the defence, she asked the police to obtain a forensic test of some evidence.
- There are various techniques available to the forensic investigator in this context.
- Scientists later recovered forensic evidence linking Scott to the balaclava.
- Like all crime, police prefer to gather forensic evidence as soon as possible after an incident.
- Make sure to watch next week when we take an inside look at big city forensic crime solving.
- Death investigation and forensic pathology are also not immune to misinterpretation.
- The club remained cordoned off for most of Saturday while a forensic crime scene investigation was carried out.
- Section 2 considers the role of forensic psychology in investigation and prosecution.
- Looking at evidence before the court by a policeman and his evidence in the forensic report.
- Meanwhile forensic experts from the investigation team sealed off an address in the Cookridge area of the city.
- The government has also vetoed further investigation into other forensic techniques.
- Underground specialists helped the forensic teams in their investigation.
- Next week is Science Week, and we poke our legal noses into some forensic evidence.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.