In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The basis of this action was forgery, fraud and perjury on the part of IAC.
- It is necessary to draw on a range of disparate provisions such as theft, deception, false accounting, forgery, and conspiracy.
- When women are convicted it is more likely to be for offences involving theft and handling stolen goods, fraud, and forgery.
- The application to strike out was based on the admitted acts of forgery by Nigel of documents later produced on disclosure in the proceedings.
- He was convicted of forgery, attempted theft and perjury and will be sentenced on September 15
- They were not asked to plead to charges of corruption, fraud, forgery and uttering, and contravening fishing laws.
- At the same time the force's detection rates for theft and handling offences, fraud and forgery, drug offence and theft of and from cars crime went up.
- So there were certain crimes that I think by statute prevented your admission, and my recollection is that forgery was one of them.
- The legislation will simplify the law on larceny, fraudulent conversion, forgery and embezzlement.
- Under the plea bargain, he pleaded guilty to reduced charges of forgery and violating campaign laws that limit foreign funding.
- The second basis upon which the documents were rejected was that document forgery in Albania was endemic, if I may term it that way.
- In most cases where forgery is alleged it will be of no great importance whether this is or is not made out to the required higher civil standard.
- There is no question but that these actions were a blatant breach of trust that was accomplished by forgery and attempted to be justified by fraud.
- Is a pedimento vitiated if obtained by fraud, or only if it is obtained through forgery?
- The most obvious examples are forgery, duress or mistake as to the nature of the form being signed (non est factum).
- Other students have been codifying laws regarding fraud, forgery and rules on criminal culpability.
- These included convictions for theft, forgery, counterfeiting and deception.
- He was, however, sentenced to 18 months in prison for immigration offenses and document forgery.
- Most of you have probably read that I was arrested recently on charges of forgery and fraud in suburban Philadelphia.
- He got nailed, convicted on all three counts: grand theft, forgery and perjury.
- Both documents were forgeries of course, but the patrols were fooled each and every time.
- Some were certain that the documents were forgeries and the earlier reports were fraudulent.
- There was no evidence which could support the conclusion that all the documents necessarily were forgeries.
- And it was the internet bloggers who hammered away at the obvious forgeries in the fake memos.
- I think the documents are indeed forgeries, but who made them?
- Which suggests that, to Pein's mind, it is actually impossible to prove that the documents are forgeries.
- So the basis for calling the memos forgeries seems to rest on points that don't add up.
- The ink tended to fade and smudge, making the banknotes look like forgeries.
- U.N. officials determined the documents were forgeries before the war.
- She also claims that some signatures are forgeries, an extremely serious allegation for which she provides no evidence.
- What will they try to do with these things, with these documents, with these forgeries?
- If they turn out to be forgeries, I'll certainly be happy to admit to having jumped the gun on the issue.
- Now ink tests have shown that the documents were forgeries and both papers have apologized.
- The Niger documents were closely examined and found to be forgeries.
- As part of the new searches, immigration officers will pore over documents, looking for forgeries of British and other national passports.
- Gardaí say they are the best note forgeries they have come across.
- If these documents are shown to be forgeries, it will be the turning point in the news business between the new and old media.
- Slightly off topic, kudos to all my fellow bloggers who helped expose the guard document forgeries.
- That report was based on documents that were later deemed to be forgeries.
- Many doctors also believe that computer-generated prescriptions will make forgeries less likely.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.