In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- When women are convicted it is more likely to be for offences involving theft and handling stolen goods, fraud, and forgery.
- It is necessary to draw on a range of disparate provisions such as theft, deception, false accounting, forgery, and conspiracy.
- The second basis upon which the documents were rejected was that document forgery in Albania was endemic, if I may term it that way.
- Most of you have probably read that I was arrested recently on charges of forgery and fraud in suburban Philadelphia.
- They were not asked to plead to charges of corruption, fraud, forgery and uttering, and contravening fishing laws.
- The application to strike out was based on the admitted acts of forgery by Nigel of documents later produced on disclosure in the proceedings.
- The most obvious examples are forgery, duress or mistake as to the nature of the form being signed (non est factum).
- These included convictions for theft, forgery, counterfeiting and deception.
- Other students have been codifying laws regarding fraud, forgery and rules on criminal culpability.
- The basis of this action was forgery, fraud and perjury on the part of IAC.
- The legislation will simplify the law on larceny, fraudulent conversion, forgery and embezzlement.
- So there were certain crimes that I think by statute prevented your admission, and my recollection is that forgery was one of them.
- Under the plea bargain, he pleaded guilty to reduced charges of forgery and violating campaign laws that limit foreign funding.
- He was convicted of forgery, attempted theft and perjury and will be sentenced on September 15
- In most cases where forgery is alleged it will be of no great importance whether this is or is not made out to the required higher civil standard.
- He was, however, sentenced to 18 months in prison for immigration offenses and document forgery.
- There is no question but that these actions were a blatant breach of trust that was accomplished by forgery and attempted to be justified by fraud.
- He got nailed, convicted on all three counts: grand theft, forgery and perjury.
- At the same time the force's detection rates for theft and handling offences, fraud and forgery, drug offence and theft of and from cars crime went up.
- Is a pedimento vitiated if obtained by fraud, or only if it is obtained through forgery?
- There was no evidence which could support the conclusion that all the documents necessarily were forgeries.
- If these documents are shown to be forgeries, it will be the turning point in the news business between the new and old media.
- Many doctors also believe that computer-generated prescriptions will make forgeries less likely.
- Gardaí say they are the best note forgeries they have come across.
- If they turn out to be forgeries, I'll certainly be happy to admit to having jumped the gun on the issue.
- What will they try to do with these things, with these documents, with these forgeries?
- So the basis for calling the memos forgeries seems to rest on points that don't add up.
- Some were certain that the documents were forgeries and the earlier reports were fraudulent.
- That report was based on documents that were later deemed to be forgeries.
- Now ink tests have shown that the documents were forgeries and both papers have apologized.
- The Niger documents were closely examined and found to be forgeries.
- Slightly off topic, kudos to all my fellow bloggers who helped expose the guard document forgeries.
- The ink tended to fade and smudge, making the banknotes look like forgeries.
- And it was the internet bloggers who hammered away at the obvious forgeries in the fake memos.
- I think the documents are indeed forgeries, but who made them?
- U.N. officials determined the documents were forgeries before the war.
- As part of the new searches, immigration officers will pore over documents, looking for forgeries of British and other national passports.
- She also claims that some signatures are forgeries, an extremely serious allegation for which she provides no evidence.
- Both documents were forgeries of course, but the patrols were fooled each and every time.
- Which suggests that, to Pein's mind, it is actually impossible to prove that the documents are forgeries.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.