In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(de horquilla) carretilla elevadora feminine
- Three of the farm's five balers were burned out, and a forklift truck, two tractors, a trailer, a lorry, the farm's own weighbridge and office were lost, along with the two Dutch barns.
- The gear change belonged in a forklift truck, and let's not forget the interior design.
- In the early hours of Thursday morning, the robbers, working under the cloak of darkness, forced open one of the warehouse doors and, then, using a forklift truck, loaded eight pallets of digital cameras onto a white lorry.
- A forklift truck was fueled by gas, in that it had a tank of the kind you find in a heater and the exhaust smelt, well, like a gas heater, and the electric screwdriver wasn't electric - it was powered by compressed air.
- Police officers who risked their lives chasing the driver of a giant forklift truck who left a trail of destruction across York have been praised for their bravery.
- He was told that workmen had been trying to move the tank using a forklift truck when it had fallen and split, spilling diesel.
- He went off somewhere and came back with a forklift truck, lifted the Austin Metro that was on top and dumped it on the floor.
- I got up onto the forklift truck and managed to trap it in a canister and we then put it into a jar for safe keeping.
- As far as work safety went, the main danger was of being struck by a forklift truck (they sped constantly around us).
- A workman from Poland is recovering after a forklift truck went over his foot.
- Youths have been causing problems in the town this month, with a forklift truck being stolen from Porte Marsh industrial estate last Wednesday.
- Vandals have caused up to £20,000 of damage after going on the rampage in a forklift truck on a Melksham building site.
- Before entering, ensure that the forklift plus load weight does not the exceed the elevator capacity.
- ‘When they arrived they found the patient had been freed by other people in the yard using a forklift truck to lift the other machine off,’ he said.
- Using a forklift truck the gang spent the next hour transferring the bottles from the articulated lorry's 40 ft trailer into two stolen 16-tonne lorries.
- He also, it seems, should avoid work involving a lot of use of a pedal of a vehicle, including a forklift truck.
- She then spent around two hours in the warehouse while the men selected various computers, valued at more than £500,000, which they loaded onto two lorries using a forklift truck.
- Where existing rail freight operations need big investment in mechanical handling equipment and civil engineering works, all that is required for a Minimodal container is a standard forklift truck.
- Company staff underwent approved Health & Safety forklift truck training, and employees were instructed not to lift anyone on a forklift truck.
- They then moved the vehicle to the hard shoulder until after the morning rush-hour before a delicate operation with a forklift truck to remove several thousand oil canisters and make the vehicle safe.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.