In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He thus has the knowledge that he should avoid fornication, but he fornicates nonetheless because he actually sees the fornication as an act of pleasure to be pursued.
- A man of irreproachable personal piety who nevertheless has no objection to his neighbors’ boozing on the Sabbath or fornicating in haylofts is not a Puritan.
- The final chorus in this production reverses the emotional polarities of the whole opera: singing about their new-won freedom, the humans fight, flirt and fornicate.
- They traveled and probably fornicated in cars made by giant multinational corporations.
- If our patients had no alternative but to fornicate, perhaps it would be a case of passing the buck.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.