In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fornicación feminine formal
- Their talk is adultery and fornication, dishonesty, greed and deceit, and easy money.
- The majority of people in society may come to regard fornication, adultery and casual sexual relationships with intolerance, indignation and disgust.
- She would have opened the door to the house around six thirty, which would have coincided with the sins of adultery and fornication being committed on the couch at Mr. Armstrong's house.
- And the consequences of fornication or adultery are not only restricted to the parties involved in these immoral acts.
- So widespread is the understanding that, when a priest or bishop's adultery or fornication comes to light, clergy and laity are equally scandalized.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.