In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Key has a refreshingly forthright approach to his cricket.
- He has publicly apologised time and again in the most forthright terms.
- Simply, interconnected stories told in an honest and forthright manner touch readers in ways that continue to reverberate long after the book is put down.
- Another former Foster employee, who declined to be named, was more forthright.
- By not being forthright, the premier is liable to develop an ulcer.
- But then we became bolder, and soon some were attacking the paper in the same forthright manner of the teacher herself.
- The Workplace Relations Minister has been the most forthright player in this episode.
- Even though the opinions in his book are forthright, they are not finished.
- The sensitively tendered details and humane presentation, not of a detached and reserved emperor, but of a sincere and forthright man all alone before the world, draws an empathetic response from the viewer.
- The most honest, honorable, forthright people in my life are also polite, compassionate, and quite capable of making constructive criticism.
- Instead, our government must learn to be more forthright with the United States.
- His comments on his own work are refreshingly forthright and thoughtful in pointing out major needs for improvement.
- Because he is forthright and opinionated, and a graduate of the Dutch national coaching system, he is expected to become a manager himself.
- Despite his forthright views, however, he remains unfailingly courteous to the end.
- As our readers will see, they expressed their opinions in a forthright manner, using a colorful prose not typically found in scientific papers.
- And he has some forthright views for the amateur boxing hierarchy in this country.
- You're right, it would be nice if she'd be forthright.
- People respected her honesty and forthright manner, qualities which endeared her to all.
- And probably those reps thought they were acting in an honest and forthright manner.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.