In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I shall be instructing my bank to cancel my direct debit to them forthwith.
- He did not claim asylum at the airport because he was afraid that he would be returned forthwith to Malaysia.
- These costs are not payable forthwith but will be paid in any event of the cause.
- Property lodged with the creditor has, thereupon, to be returned by him forthwith.
- I have been commanded to return them to the property forthwith so they can be consulted at a moment's notice.
- I will retract my tuition forthwith and find a profession more suited to the quiet dignity of my sunset years.
- A short while later, we heard a distant bugle and forthwith the entire camp marched down.
- Right, well, I am left with no option but to dismiss you forthwith and to insist on your immediate deportation.
- We will be taking these golf carts and returning to London forthwith.
- If he's gotten the word to spin this their way, that dynamic will change forthwith.
- In order to ensure the continuing maintenance and supply of water it is essential that all outstanding rates are paid forthwith.
- It is an evil application, and should be banned forthwith.
- All arrears owed for Mark's tutoring are to be paid by Mr. Zito forthwith.
- Sure, the pressure feels real - and, naturally, I will be embarking on the Greek Doctor's diet forthwith.
- The sum of $43,000 will be paid forthwith to the solicitors of each party.
- To correct this impression, I stopped making those cracks forthwith.
- They must rediscover their hunting instincts forthwith.
- There is a more pernicious red herring that needs to be smelled out forthwith.
- It is clear that the Lincoln belongs to Yorkdale and should be returned to it forthwith.
- Neither cost orders, which were made payable forthwith, have been paid.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.