In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
(in ancient Rome, etc)foro masculine
2(platform for discussion)foro masculine
- The Commission has been holding open public forums throughout the country.
- There are also opportunities in the multilateral regional forums sponsored by the US and other nations.
- Join this online discussion forum, which also has resources for Canadian youth.
- Thirty-three electors took the opportunity to attend the open public forum immediately before the council meeting.
- A community forum was held last week to discuss the effects and consequences of joining the new alternative football league.
- Participation in two moderated online discussion forums enabled the generation of research questions and their modification as they arose.
- The senate, we are told, is a forum for reflective debate on key issues.
- Theatre does matter: it is a forum for ideas and discussion within a community.
- The WTO establishes a permanent multilateral forum for trade negotiations and dispute settlement.
- A record number of people attended neighbourhood forums during the autumn cycle across the Keighley area.
- With an inclusive membership it has provided a forum for the exchange of views on a broad range of issues.
- There are many very talented photographers to be found at the various internet photo forums.
- The BMJ would provide an excellent forum for this debate to take place.
- The annual day was also used as a forum for parents to voice their views on the programme.
- An online discussion forum was set up, allowing both experts and members of the public to have their say.
- Conferences and journals can contribute by providing forums for debate and information dissemination.
- I noticed that others in various Web forums also have this same problem.
- There will also be a fans' forum for questions and answers.
- Luckily, some of those that do stand up to be counted in Bradford enhance your excellent readers' forum.
- Eight electors took the opportunity to attend the open public forum before the council meeting in July.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.