In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Geologyfósil masculine(leaf/shell) fosilizado
- Almost no dinosaur fossils have been found from that time, particularly in North America.
- Li and Ding interpreted such structures as metazoan trace fossils.
- I decided that my own role could be to collect plant fossils for their research and museum collections.
- Very few dinosaur fossils are actually found near this boundary.
- Pasting on a fake smile, I nodded fervently, no longer eager to study silly fossils of dead organisms.
- Then we use the dating of a recently discovered hominid fossil as a calibration point.
- All of these sites have yielded remarkably preserved Cambrian fossils, in large part due to rapid burial.
- The oldest true vertebrate fossils date back 530 million years.
- Two years ago, scientists described 5-million-year-old albatross fossils representing five different species.
- Carboniferous and Permian strata often contain useful index fossils belonging to this group.
- The decapod fossils are preserved in remarkable detail as molds and as body fossils.
- Other marine trace fossils, together with marine bivalves, have been described from the unit as a whole.
- Shallow marine invertebrate fossils occur throughout the formation, but are mainly concentrated in four broad intervals.
- Consider three separately discovered archaic Homo sapiens fossils dating to around 150,000 years ago.
- During that time new hominid fossils have been discovered in Africa.
- There is an abundance of shelly animal fossils.
- Marine rocks commonly contain plant fossils but they are outnumbered by more common and spectacular shelly invertebrate fossils.
- Until recently, however, no sponge body fossils had been identified or described from this fauna.
- Most geologists are familiar with the occurrence of plant compression fossils in bedded sedimentary rocks.
- Scientific testing has determined that the oldest dinosaur fossils are hundreds of millions of years old.
2informalmasculine vejestorio informalmasculine fósil informalfeminine antigualla informal
- Who would take care of that crazy old fossil then?
- Most of the other scholars were old fossils that seemed so fragile that the slightest breath of wind would keel them over.
- For those of you who are surprised that a grumpy old fossil like me actually works on a computer, it is all t'Editor's fault.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.