In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1curso preparatorio masculine
- She also encouraged the children to paint, and Ralph went on to take a foundation course at Chelsea College of Art & Design.
- After a one-year foundation course at Falmouth College of Art, Uglow matriculated in Glasgow, emerging two years ago with a first class honours in fine art and painting.
- She decided to get back into education and enrolled on a foundation course in biology and chemistry with the Open University.
- Those who knew her say she was a talented artist and musician and, after completing a foundation course, she was accepted at Oxford University to read fine art.
- Tim Appelbee, of Bradford College's School of Art where Bob did a foundation course before going to university, said Bob was continuing the tradition of art-school student becoming rock star.
- Alexandra is waiting for her A-level results after studying at Turton Sixth Form and hopes to go to Manchester Metropolitan University for an art foundation course.
- To overcome this, the university launched a foundation course designed to give students the basics - an English-language component, and then intensive tuition in maths, physics, chemistry and biology.
- Steven, a sixth form student at Our Lady's RC High School, was planning to do an art foundation course and then go to university.
- The following year she completed a foundation course in art at John Moores University, Liverpool, encompassing the same disciplines but on a higher level.
- To allay fears it is the real thing, art student Ruth Hempsall said it is only her ‘art installation,’ which came about through her foundation course at Hopwood Hall College.
- She discovered her talent for hat-making during a foundation course at Craven College.
- A new two-year foundation course at Bradford University enabled students who might not have previously considered a career in medicine to gain the qualifications they needed.
- She spent a year in the CPIT foundation course, entered Lincoln University and will finish her degree in sociology and Maori at Canterbury this semester.
- But it was when I did a foundation course at Burnley College that I found out that I wanted to become an artist.
- She quickly contacted Hopwood Hall College about taking an art foundation course and has progressed quickly since.
- I enjoyed drawing and doodling from when I was a child and then I did the art foundation course at Swindon College after I finished school.
- He undertook a year-long foundation course in art and design at Bradford College before going to Scotland.
- I was quite artistic and I studied an arts foundation course at Bradford College and later worked at the Alhambra Theatre backstage, in the box office and on the stage door.
- After completing a foundation course at Salisbury College, he joined the fashion degree course at Edinburgh College of Art.
- At that stage his parents emigrated to Spain but he continued to live in Swindon with his brother and completed a foundation course at Swindon College.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.