In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de cuatro tiempos
- The combustion chamber of a four-stroke engine is designed to induce turbulence through the addition of ‘squish’ areas in which the top of the piston is the mirror image of a corresponding area of the cylinder head.
- Things just got a little easier with Garelick's motor bracket for four-stroke motors.
- The four-stroke engine shows the cross-section of an engine complete with all functions such as fuel intake, ignition, piston compression, exhaust, and so on.
- Power plants for this class of racing are four-stroke engines with a capacity limit of 1 litre with any number of cylinders in any configuration.
- The noise was not appreciably less - perhaps 20 percent - when encountering groups of the newer, four-stroke engine sleds.
- Buy one with a four-stroke engine - they emit one-tenth of the pollutants a two-stroke engine emits - and keep it maintained.
- Because a four-stroke engine burns straight unleaded, as opposed to the typical two-stroke's oil-and-gas mix, it's not only less polluting, but sounds more like a Lexus than a chainsaw.
- Most smaller gas powered four-stroke engines tend to run a 30 weight oil.
- Its 25 cc, single-cylinder, four-stroke engine can power the aircraft at a cruise speed of between 70-90 kph for 8-10 hours.
- The latest API code is CI - 4 for the tops in performance for four-stroke diesel engines.
- In four-stroke engines, one of the strokes is called the compression stroke.
- The two-stroke cylinder head of the 100 cc TVS bike that was converted has been replaced by a new cylinder head, which suits only four-stroke engines.
- Almost all cars currently use what is called a four-stroke combustion cycle to convert gasoline into motion.
- The new model, designed exclusively for India, is powered by a 102 cc air-cooled, four-stroke engine with automatic transmission.
- Each of the four major snowmobile manufacturers is producing one or more new models equipped with cleaner, four-stroke engines for 2003.
- The Max uses the 498 cc Rotax single cylinder four-stroke engine and Bombardier's Visco-lok traction system.
- We moved from Stumps to Flemming's Bay, a trip of about five miles, which took less than ten minutes due to Mike having a ninety-horse power, four-stroke engine.
- Unlike two-stroke engines that have simple openings or ports for intake and exhaust, four-stroke engines have intake and exhaust valves at each cylinder head.
- The first display showed the insides of a four-stroke engine, clutch assembly, gearbox, propeller shaft and differential gear box.
- This was replaced in 1956 by a bigger four-stroke engine offering 297 cubic centimetres of raw power.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.