- The Bible tells us that ‘the days of our years are threescore and ten’ or, ‘by reason of strength,’ sometimes fourscore.
- ‘Well then, sir,’ said Dr Johnson, ‘you see there can be no more than fourscore men of fashion who can do this.’
- In contrast, during the period from 1990 to 2003, NASA flew about fourscore shuttle missions, allowing it to launch and repair the Hubble Space Telescope and partially build what is now known as the International Space Station.
- And the days of Isaac were an hundred and fourscore years.
- No doubt, some of these Californians applauded the fact that a woman who is skirting that mythic age of fourscore still has the wherewithal to perform, and to do it so well.