In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Compiled by a group of US foreign policy experts, the programme included fourteen different points.
- All thirteen girls and fourteen boys raced each other once Mr. Fleur blew his whistle.
- The work, mostly painting, tends towards the abstract and each is a series of seven, fourteen or ten.
- There are fourteen contributors, and thirteen admit to an ongoing full or part time academic appointment.
- It's about thirteen or fourteen essays and some other stuff, seven or eight poems and a couple of plays.
- In the past month, US pilots have struck from seven to fourteen targets a week.
- The technique was tried in fourteen patients, and seven patients were controls.
- The trip took nearly fourteen hours, but it now takes less than five hours by bus or train.
- The Christmas tree, still on display, was nearly fourteen feet high and did not yet reach the ceiling.
- I was devastated, and mourned Daddy's passing for twelve, thirteen, maybe even fourteen minutes.
- Jepson claims the service will charge a twenty-five cent connection fee for each call, and seven to fourteen cents per minute.
- He birdied thirteen of fourteen holes but these scores were overshadowed by the events on the par three eight.
- Imagine if you put fourteen artists from seven different countries in a room together.
- Plus, after nearly fourteen months of untroubled service, I'm finally getting tired of this design.
- The graveyard consists of twenty rows with fourteen and a half lots in each row, room for more than a thousand burials.
- It is a four-mile permanent road course with fourteen turns outlined by seven miles of access road on 626 acres of land.
- A lot could be written on the delight of setting foot on rock after fourteen weeks of snow and ice and nearly seven out of sight of all else.
- The graves were well made of round limestone, they were about four feet long, one foot wide and about fourteen inches deep.
- Joy says a reasonable guide is to use the drugs as directed, for seven to fourteen days.
- Seven of the fourteen cuts in tutorials have already been made, most significantly as the result of the introduction of a compulsory thesis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.