In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- All indicate that, even at the greatest depths, the rocks are fractured and the fractures contain aqueous fluids.
- If a break occurred in the skin overlying the fracture, it must be considered an open fracture, necessitating orthopedic referral.
- Bone scanning is sensitive but not specific for detecting stress fractures, healing fractures, infections and tumors.
- The latter do not include typical pegmatite minerals and appear mainly along the tectonic fractures present at this locality.
- Stress fractures are partial fractures, often hairline cracks in the bone, caused by repeated stress.
- Conditions such as an uncorrected fracture of the shin bone, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis or Paget's disease can distort the ends of the bones and cause knock knee in adults.
- My back was broken in two places - one break and one compressed fracture.
- Along with the fractures, bone chips, and muscle strains, I received scars on my back, arms and shoulders, my forehead, and my knees.
- Severe pain over a bone might indicate a fracture or an injury to a ligament.
- As the magma in the intruding sill moves updip, the tensile stress on an intersecting fracture above the sill becomes greater, and the tensile strength of the sediments becomes less.
- Quakes radiate along fault lines, which often are existing fractures in the rock but can also be created by a new line of breakage.
- When fractures occur, the bone is not always broken completely.
- Where limestone occurs adjacent to ironstone, it shows various stages of replacement by chert and hematitic material parallel to bedding and along fractures.
- For an older person a hip fracture is a devastating injury that greatly increases disability and mortality.
- He had a skull fracture, was in serious shock and had a compound leg fracture.
- Direct injury to the spine may cause a bone fracture anywhere along your vertebral column.
- This situation raises numerous possibilities for mineral reactions, especially when the fractures transect different rock types.
- Many of the most ancient gold mines, and some of the more famous ones from modern times, were simple gold-bearing quartz - pyrite veins in faults and other fractures in rocks.
- A previous spinal fracture is an important risk factor for subsequent hip fractures in both men and women.
2(crack)fisura femininegrieta feminine
1Medicine(shoulder/arm/bone) fracturarshe fractured her arm — se fracturó el brazo
2USdated, slang(make laugh)darle muchísima risa a
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.