In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(scent, smell)fragancia femininearoma masculine
- The sweet fragrance of white roses and lilies - the Princess's favourite blooms - filled the air.
- All agreed that it was okay to be able to smell a woman's fragrance if she was close to them, but not if she was on the other side of the room.
- I love perfume and have about four fragrances on rotation - daytime, evening, summer and winter.
- Children with and without sight can smell the fragrances of different flowers, herbs and vegetables.
- Due to open in February, the new store will offer a wide range of health and beauty products, cosmetics, fine fragrances and toiletries.
- Avoid moisturizers with fragrances and a lot of extra ingredients.
- The original is unisex and in a yellow box because in 1916 most of the fragrances were colognes and everybody wore them.
- Perfumes or fragrances are always sure to make her happy, just be sure to know whether she prefers classy fragrances or sporty perfumes.
- For many, the use of fragrances like perfume, cologne, after-shave or scented lotion is a personal choice affecting only the user.
- While you agonize of whether to go with the peach fragrances or the lavender skin restorer, you should try to keep in mind what such gifts say to her.
- The innovative soft padding package and red glass bottle hides a delicious scent that combines the fragrances of almond, orange blossom, lily of the valley and patchouli, to name a few.
- The colour of the room, the fragrance, the clean smell of the white sheets, what an ambience!
- A sweet fragrance spritzed on your pulse points will make him move in a little closer.
- There is nothing like the sweet fragrance of a vase of sweet peas in the house.
- He put his nose closer and smelt it, nodding at the pleasant fragrance.
- Kate took the rose and brought it to her nose, breathing in the sweet fragrance.
- Sometimes, one can smell the fragrance of lit joss sticks wafting from the windows.
- I could smell the delightful fragrances of the exotic flowers that grew both inside and outside the palace.
- To toast, place the spice mix in a bone dry frying pan and heat it until warm and you can smell the fragrance.
- Often, men's fragrances are pushed into the background, sometimes not considered a viable market.
- We include testing notes with your fragrance oil order so that they are handy while you are making soap.
- I plucked a stem of vale-lily and held its tiny white bells to my nose, inhaling the sweet fragrance.
- The light fragrance permeating the autumn air will make you feel intoxicated.
- Cosmetics, fragrances, and botanicals are important causes of allergic contact dermatitis.
- His father had been fascinated by the chemical bases of scents, particularly the floral fragrances used in making perfumes, and he often worked in a home laboratory.
- Nature blossoms and blooms and fills the air with a warm, sweet fragrance that we all embrace.
- It added a pleasant, subtle fragrance to the dessert and left just a trace of its flavour in the banana/caramel mix.
- Scented geraniums release their fragrances to the air only when you touch them or brush past.
- The preferred fragrances for perfumes are by no means universal, but differ according to cultural dictates and fashions.
- Wait three minutes between smelling different fragrances, and nibble on a cracker (again, to distract the receptors) while waiting.
- The young man wore fine garments, was perfumed with fragrances and surrounded by musicians and attendants who ministered to his every need.
- Perfume oils are richer, deeper and longer-lasting than traditional fragrances.
- As he settled himself into it a fragrance of sweet summer grass, clover and lavender came up around him.
- The dampness amplified each and every smell to such a pitch that he seemed to be wading through air thick with intoxicating fragrances.
- His fragrances are done in perfume, perfumed oil, eau de toilette, splash, and body products.
- Now would be the right time to relaunch the perfume line or to launch a new fragrance.
- Their sweet, strange fragrances twined about him.
- It has a pleasant, sweet fragrance and is lightly laced, ruffled and fluted pale pink.
- He answers that he was compared to a sweet smelling fragrance that stays in the corner of a room and does not spread.
- As the science of creating fragrances grows more high-tech, perfumers are both bottling and protecting the best of nature with these methods.
2(perfume)perfume masculinefragancia feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.