In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(basis)marco masculinethey tried to create a framework for negotiations — trataron de establecer un marco para las negociaciones
- we have to operate within the framework of the law — debemos operar dentro del marco de la ley
- Individuals were left more isolated, without the political frameworks through which to understand their problems, or to point towards solutions.
- First of all, the author provides no theoretical framework for his study.
- Its main purpose seems to lie in providing a basic framework for the actual story to come.
- However, some remained optimistic that an international framework for cooperation on lunar exploration could be developed.
- The framework for this analysis was structured around existing research on patient treatment matching.
- In addition, it provides a general theoretical framework for those phenomena.
- As a result, people do not think about how to craft or tailor systems and frameworks to suit the unique needs of Taiwan and its people.
- A conceptual framework is established that realizes the integration of both perspectives.
- The range of analytical tools, techniques, approaches, and frameworks available to support strategic assessment is very large.
- The agreement provides a legal framework for co-operation based on equality, reciprocity and mutual benefit.
- In addition, establishing a legal framework for action is not going to be sufficient.
- Because it is so concise, the text is strongly structured by conceptual frameworks that do not get lost in detail.
- Often, this research is badly designed and lacks theoretical or conceptual frameworks.
- Perhaps healthcare workers should be taught to keep some basic frameworks in mind to enable them to be more sensitive to power in all its manifestations.
- The analysis begins in the second section by outlining the framework used in measuring productivity.
- Likewise, almost all use theoretical frameworks from other areas, rather than the sociology of religion.
- To date they have participated in developing the basic conceptual framework for the plan.
- Britain and France sought to maximize their interests by economic and political frameworks designed to serve their advantage.
- Language structures thought patterns and frameworks of knowledge.
- It is the self-reflective move to think upon our own conceptual frameworks and how they shape our own textual production.
2(plan)esquema masculineto draw up a framework for an essay — elaborar un esquema para un trabajo
- Pens are supported by rope frameworks about 200 feet square and anchored on each corner by a one-ton anchor.
- The frameworks of the looms are made in Mahdia and assembled using only wooden doweling, because metal nails would snag the threads.
- Since then most canvas paintings have been attached to lightweight wooden frameworks or stretchers.
- Currently the area opposite the taxi holding is dotted with steel and concrete frameworks and other partially complete structures.
- The steel framework of the new building is expected to start taking shape in June.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.