In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(building)residencia universitaria femininecolegio mayor masculine Spain
- Researchers found that the image of a typical college student as a drunken frat boy is largely a myth.
- Instead we went to a frat party, and honestly, I'm pretty sure that offing ourselves would have almost been better.
- Beer may be fit for frat boys, and wine good for dinner parties, but I'm a sophisticated drunk.
- One day I'm talking to one of them and we start talking about frats and frat parties.
- Perhaps as a backlash against political intolerance, dumbass frat boy chic now appears to be king.
- There still may be a few frat guys who do fit the mold of the beer-drinking, womanizing partiers.
- So the atmosphere was both hyped and relaxed, like a giant frat party where everybody knows and likes each other.
- Whatever, but we better not go to some party at some college frat house.
- When will you guys learn that my people throw better parties than drunken frat boys?
- It starts feeling like one of those frat parties that no one really enjoys, but keep talking about afterwards.
- When the police questioned the frat boys, they found a videotape that showed many of the evening's events.
- When someone joins a team or a unit of soldiers or a frat house, they go in knowing and expecting the hazing and torture.
- It's the type of music that you'd expect in the background of a frat party or at a suburban music venue.
- When I was in college, one of the girls in my dorm was pledging a sorority and happened to mention that she was going to a big frat party.
- Nevertheless, college masters still complained that fraternity men felt more allegiance to their frats than to their colleges.
- They had met at some frat party in college and they were both drunk.
- Rachel was dressed for a frat party in the next picture, taken during her junior year of college.
- One band had snaked their way into the bill through the promoter - a frat rock funk band.
- A couple of frat members came along to say that their frats didn't haze and only the bad ones did.
- Sadly, in both the media's portrayal of frats and the public's common misconceptions surrounding the fraternity system, this definition is often forgotten.
2(student)residente de colegio mayor masculinecolegial masculine Spain
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.