In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Twenty people have been charged with trying to obtain fraudulent licences to drive tanker trucks.
- These agencies accept the risk that the original cheque may be fraudulent and to counter this risk they charge an upfront fee.
- Police believed the documents were stolen over a period of time, or might have been obtained by fraudulent means.
- Thieves pay a stolen or fraudulent cheque into their victim's bank account.
- This fraudulent transaction set the stage for the unfortunate chain of events that was to follow.
- He was impeached while in office on account of being involved in a fraudulent loan scam.
- The affair triggered investigations which uncovered fraudulent accounting at several other major companies.
- It appears that crimes involving fraudulent documents are on the increase.
- The scam is only then spotted when the company whose cheque-book has been copied notices a fraudulent withdrawal.
- However, it is always possible that some people present false, fraudulent X-rays.
- This system is appropriate for reporting suspected unethical or fraudulent activities relating to employees of our company or actions by our company.
- The clever technically-minded crooks who will get false data and fraudulent results.
- Investigators say at least two and possibly as many as eight of the hijackers had fraudulent visas.
- Early indications are that the data has not, at least yet, been misused to obtain fraudulent loans and credit card accounts.
- A few months later our school principal lost his life savings in a fraudulent get-rich-quick scheme.
- A counterfeit or fraudulent cashier's check or corporate check is utilized to pay for merchandise.
- The result of their efforts was to be arrested by the Fraud Squad for making fraudulent applications.
- He began to invent fraudulent investment schemes for rare book and manuscript transactions.
- He is concerned that future elections could be decided by fraudulent voting manipulated by unscrupulous cartels and the like.
- They wanted to wait and see whether the passport did prove to be fraudulent.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.