In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(channel) emitido en abierto
- The pay channels were switched off at 7am today, and only the free-to-air channels were still broadcasting.
- National free-to-air television and radio covered the finals live in prime time with cable TV covering all the heats.
- And so we have regulations which, for example, ensure a certain amount of locally made programs are broadcast on free-to-air TV.
- The reality is that the free-to-air broadcasters are serving a mass audience.
- Many of the channels in the standard Sky package are free-to-air.
- There is also concern that once a film gets main-stream cinema release, it will be available for screening on free-to-air TV.
- Have the free-to-air networks been providing enough coverage for you, or have you found yourself turning to cable news channels?
- Primarily a free-to-air service, there is some pay-to-view content.
- If set-top boxes prove to be too expensive viewers will stick with free-to-air channels.
- This means that no single broadcaster will have exclusive rights, and the rights must be divided between satellite and free-to-air providers.
- For up to 48 hours after the event, all free-to-air television stations in Australia switched their programming to coverage of the disaster.
- You mentioned drama and documentary, and they will be still maintained in the reservation we have in free-to-air television.
- On free-to-air television, the coverage of the major Australian and overseas sports and sports events is extensive.
- I'll borrow books from the library and friends, and maybe even watch free-to-air television.
- The pay channels were switched off yesterday, and only the free-to-air channels were still broadcasting today.
- He spoke of the impending death of free-to-air television as it operated an outdated business model.
- However, while free-to-air television is certainly widely available, cable television's distribution is somewhat more limited.
- However, there is clear public concern about the failure of free-to-air broadcasters to show key events.
- To get both free-to-air and digital services on the one network, multi-channelling needs to go ahead.
- We see that difficulty in the changes in what is now available on free-to-air TV programmes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.