In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1libertad de expresión feminine
- This is a blatant infringement on the basic constitution of the right to free speech.
- Could it be that the forum of free speech is a right to be doled out only to those deemed politically worthy?
- Another problem is the way that free speech tends to be seen as a slogan of the right.
- As recent cases show, free speech is being censored in the name of privacy under the Human Rights Act.
- We are committed to the pursuit of freedom, free speech and genuine tolerance.
- This was a significant victory for free speech and the right to protest.
- How has this association arisen between free speech and a right to know?
- The authors wish to codify and clarify where privacy and free speech rights begin and end.
- With the advent of the Internet, the right to free speech has become a realization.
- Most importantly, we need to trust the public with free speech and strong ideas.
- At the same time, the right to free speech does not absolve us from our duty to behave responsibly.
- I am still naive enough that I'd like our country run on a basis of free speech and civil liberties.
- Could we defend his right to free speech, even if so much of what he said was politically incorrect?
- The history of free speech in this country is the history of winning the freedom to argue about religion.
- I've always thought that the basic right to free speech has got a bit mixed up somewhere.
- Yet today the courts are developing the UK human rights law on free speech in relation to a right to privacy.
- Another of his hallmarks was a consistent struggle for free speech and human rights.
- Huge crowds marched to the square to assert their right to free speech.
- Prohibitions against smoking and free speech have been in the news a lot lately.
- We live in a democratic society where everyone has the right to free speech and a fair hearing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.