In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1libre comercio masculinelibrecambio masculinebefore noun free-trade system — sistema de libre comercio masculine
- free-trade association — asociación de libre comercio
- The free-trade zone might even become one of our export markets in future.
- Yes, regional free-trade deals boost prosperity much less than global ones.
- Whose priorities will prevail in Mexico, those of workers or those of free-trade investors?
- We were caught between our colonial past and our free-trade future.
- Singapore took the lead in advancing the concept of an East Asia free-trade zone in 2000.
- The purpose of this article is to demonstrate that free-market and free-trade policies are not new.
- It also has announced plans to begin free-trade talks with five Central American countries and Morocco.
- Suddenly, those same people who had been rabid free-trade advocates were outraged.
- Australia began free-trade negotiations with the United States yesterday.
- Anger in Europe over this latest trade dispute has raised fears that ongoing free-trade negotiations could be derailed.
- But the Hong Kong government is afraid to do so, in fear of violating free-trade principles.
- Workers blame free-trade agreements for sending textile jobs overseas in recent years.
- I have never heard the member argue for a referendum on genetic engineering, or on free-trade agreements for that matter.
- Do not support any agreement that looks like previous free-trade agreements.
- That is why they are always part of the negotiations we have on closer economic partnerships and free-trade agreements.
- A government acting unilaterally could be judged in violation of free-trade agreements.
- So far, Australia has inked free-trade pacts with New Zealand and Singapore.
- If finalised, the accord will represent the first free-trade pact made by Japan.
- First, a number of high-profile free-trade initiatives have been scuttled recently.
- New Zealand has free-trade accords with Australia and Singapore, and is in talks on a partnership with Thailand.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.