In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1informalcrack masculine informalpasta base feminine
- Abusers of freebase cocaine, regardless of how they obtain the drug, are far more likely to become dependent on the substance than those who sniff cocaine hydrochloride.
- Crack is safer and easier to obtain than freebase cocaine because baking soda is used instead of ether to remove the hydrochloride.
- All can be taken by different routes, including oral, intranasal, intravenous, or smoked (the freebase of cocaine ‘crack’ or methamphetamine ‘crystal’).
- To a certain extent, smokable cocaine, in the form of freebase had been known for nearly twenty years by experienced cocaine users who produced their own supply.
- This type of freebase cocaine makes a crackling sound when heated, so it was named ‘crack.’
- And I've been on coke for 15 years, ending up on freebase.
- Among users, about 70% say they have used crack on a relatively regular basis (this essay does not distinguish between crack and freebase, as both involve smoking cocaine).
- The preparation of freebase cocaine involves highly explosive solvents, extensive production time, and specialized equipment.
- Unlike the processing of freebase cocaine, converting powder cocaine into crack cocaine does not involve any flammable solvents.
- Snorting any form of freebase cocaine is not recommended because freebase cocaine isn't water soluble.
- The method used to form crack allows the freebase cocaine vapors to deeply penetrate into the lungs.
- Because freebase cocaine is not water soluble, it must be vaporized and inhaled to be absorbed.
- Cocaine is usually snorted or swallowed, but can be injected or smoked in the form of crack or freebase.
- A major factor responsible for the dramatic increase in cocaine use is the ability to freebase cocaine and extract essentially pure drug to be smoked as crack.
- Everyone was moving on to little cooked rocks; the pieces provided the quick high of freebase cocaine.
- During the past 30 days, how many times did you use any form of cocaine, including powder, crack, or freebase, or sniff glue, or breathe the contents of aerosol spray cans, or inhale any paints or sprays to get high?
- Crack is a ready to use form of freebase cocaine which is easily and inexpensively produced.
- The ethnographic study of crack houses and base houses (where freebase cocaine is smoked) has further contributed to understanding the kinds and contexts of drug-related HIV risk that occur in those settings.
- If people are allowed to smoke themselves senseless on marijuana, why shouldn't they be free to inject heroin or freebase crack?
- Crack cocaine, a freebase form of cocaine, is administrated mainly via smoking.
1fumar crack informalfumar pasta base
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.