In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estilo libre masculinethe 100m freestyle — los 100m libres / estilo libre
- Amanda rounded out her exceptional meet by swimming to a top-eight finish in the 200 and 400 freestyles.
- Marie Marsman, who was a part of those relays, also won the 50 and 100 freestyles.
- Though the sprint freestyles for Texas are solid, its lack of depth everywhere else will probably keep the Longhorns near the bottom of the top 10.
- Ironically, I think it not only led to Inge's world records in the sprint freestyles, but in the 50 and 100 fly as well because it helped her endurance for fly.
- The most recent world records by Ian Thorpe in the 200 and 400 meter freestyles are the latest testaments to the strength of freestyle swimming by Australians.
- Distance freestyle is the realm of Swedish import, Asa Sandlund, who finished third in the mile last year.
- In January I raced a 1650 freestyle with my heart rate monitor on, and I was anaerobic the whole way.
- Freshman Travis Beckerle may contribute in the distance freestyles.
- While Ukraine's Yana Klochkova still is the world's best medleyist, the middle distance and distance freestyles are up for grabs, as is the 200 fly and, surprisingly, both backstrokes.
- This included sweeps of the 100 and 200 freestyles, led by Ethel Lackie and Martha Norelius, respectively.
- In late February, while in heavy training, Crocker lowered the American record in the 100 yard fly and posted blistering times in the 50 and 100 freestyles.
- Who do you think will be the main challengers in the 50m freestyle for Athens?
- At the trials, I am also swimming in the 200m freestyle as a warm up event, as it is on the first day.
- Meyer won the 200, 400 and 800 freestyles, becoming the first woman to win three individual swimming gold medals in a single Olympics.
- Hall qualified to swim the 50 and 100 freestyles at Sydney.
- Anderson placed sixth last year in both the 50 and 100 freestyles.
- In freestyle, the fastest swimmers had the greatest distance per stroke at slow swimming speeds.
- Let's change our priorities and put the emphasis back where it belongs - on the 50 and 100 meter freestyles.
- Jamie Salter bowed out in style by winning the 200m freestyle, in what was his last race.
- Alexander Popov, winner of the 50 and 100 freestyles, and Evgeni Sadovyi, winner of the 200 and 400 freestyles-displayed a potent combination of power and grace.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.