In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(fried)torrija femininetorreja feminine Latin America
- Saturday morning started with a hearty breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and French toast.
- He sat as she went to the tray and put together a plate of the milder foods such as bread and jelly and French toast.
- Breakfast is pretty normal fare with something for everyone; French toast, omelet, steak and eggs, eggs Benedict and some lighter offerings such as bagels and cereal.
- Mary blushed, putting plates of French toast and sausage on the table before sitting down.
- Use nice, thick-cut white bread to make French toast.
- I serve eggs over easy, sourdough or rye, omelettes, pancakes and French toast to those that happen to find their way into our little joint.
- Large amounts of sunlight poured through the large glass pane in the entrance, and with the glass door open, a cool morning breeze swept through the cafe that smelled of bacon, pancakes and French toast.
- But in this case, as ever, conventional wisdom is wrong, for today is when you whip out your milk, cinnamon, eggs, and maple syrup for French toast.
- Another option is to make French toast with day-old bread.
- Potato pancakes and French toast are finally here to help solve these problems.
- The next day they woke to the smells of eggs, bacon, hash browns, sausage, French toast, fresh home made biscuits, and gravy.
- Breakfast is hearty, with bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes, French toast and grilled steaks, depending on the day.
- While I was very fond of the pancakes - fluffy and perfectly circular, thanks to our trusty pancake pan - it is Burg's French toast that haunts me.
- Fried potatoes, French toast, eggs, sausage, coffee and orange juice sat on the table.
- The smell of French toast and bacon woke me up on Christmas.
- Lily shrugged, and Emma set out the eggs and milk and bread for French toast.
- They put it to great use - I saw people eating what looked like fantastic French toast and, as you'll see in a moment, my sandwich featured terrific toasted raisin bread.
- Antonio and Haley were almost done cooking what looked to be a feast; bacon, eggs, French toast, grits, and waffles.
- Downstairs, the smell of bacon and French toast made her mouth water.
- There's a chocolate-and-vanilla crème brûlée that tastes like gooey summer custard, and a bland roasted-peach concoction built on a dry square of French toast.
2British(in packets)tostada que se vende en paquetesbiscote masculine Spain
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.