In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1School Universityestudiante de primer año femininemechón masculine Chile informalmechona feminine Chile informalprimíparo masculine Colombia informalprimípara feminine Colombia informal
- Still, those four years make up only half the lifespan for the seemingly young band, who started performing as high school freshmen.
- Ross and Caroline Denton met when they were freshmen in high school.
- At lunch that day, they sat together in the cafeteria; same as they had done every day since Abby was a freshman in high school.
- When we were freshmen in high school we hung out so much that people joked that we were dating, not knowing that Evan was actually gay.
- See, it's mostly about her and it's a memoir of her life when she was a freshman and sophomore in high school.
- Among high school freshmen, 41 percent of girls drink compared to 40 percent of boys.
- Minority students make up just over half of new freshmen at the University of New Mexico for the first time in the school's history.
- As is the case at most universities, freshmen are not permitted to bring their cars during the first semester.
- Mr. Mitchell had just begun to make his changes when Kirby and her friends entered the high school as freshmen.
- When Arizona State University's freshmen begin to navigate college life this fall, about 35 of them will get extra support from their parents.
- I'd be on the set and I'd look around, and I would be back in 1976, a freshman in high school again.
- While on the mend, the former freshman sued the university for not warning residents of the perilous nature of upper-story windows.
- However, new records were set there in 2004 for total freshmen enrollment and overall university enrollment.
- Fall 2001 enrollment includes 4,654 freshmen, the highest freshman enrollment in the university's history.
- The university has focused on freshmen because it loses about 25 percent of its students after the first year.
- The group of high school freshmen sat in the living room, eyes wide as they watched a gruesome scene being played through on the wide screen TV.
- During the second semester of the freshman art-introduction course at our school, we offer a unit in printmaking.
- She and her four siblings attended parochial school until Mary Margaret was a freshman in high school.
- There's no mistaking the immediate effect the freshman had on the University of Arizona program, however.
- More resources were put into freshmen year courses and universities developed freshman ‘learning community’ programs.
- All full-time undergraduates who qualify financially are eligible, whether they entered the University as freshmen or transfer students.
- She is currently enrolled at California State University Fullerton as a freshman in the Honors Program.
- The 91,000 freshmen in four-year universities constituted 24 percent of the number of 18-year-olds in the country, 373,000.
- Eric is eighteen and is a freshman at the University of Washington.
- The teaching of science subjects to secondary school students and college and university freshmen is often regarded as a difficult task.
- As high school freshmen, my friends and I experimented with booze the hard way.
- The two girls were high school freshmen who had been friends since birth, and knew each other so well that they were practically twins.
- She was named class advisor for both seniors and freshmen at Saltsburg High School.
- Why are most of the victims physically weak such as university freshmen or sophomores or female students?
- I'm interested in retaining students, especially the freshmen and sophomores.
- When he was discharged in September 1945, he returned home and entered high school as a freshman.
- Of course, I was probably only a freshman in high school at the time.
- He would have been a senior when she was a freshman at the high school.
- University of Arizona freshmen and 1996 Olympic teammates Amanda Beard and Beth Botsford set American records in December at the Texas Invitational Swim Meet.
- We were now high school freshmen, but virtually nothing changed.
- Like their current national peers, ISU freshmen selected their university or college based on its academic reputation and the potential for landing good jobs when they graduate.
- It was their first day of school as freshmen at Ridgewood High School.
- They were in their last year of junior high and getting ready to move onto high school as freshmen.
- He was a freshman at Tokyo Gakugei University when he disappeared.
- Jean and Fernando joined the organization as high school freshmen, and after three years they have a sense of perspective.
2US(newcomer)novato masculinenovata feminine(manager/quarterback/senator) (before noun) novel(senator/manager/quarterback) (before noun) nuevo(manager/quarterback/senator) (before noun) bisoño
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.