In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Some Freudian psychologists have suggested that risk-taking is linked to neuroticism, a personality trait.
- After his chess career ended, Fine became an exponent of Freudian psychoanalysis, authoring important works in the field.
- But I thought foolishly that Freudian psychoanalysis was deeper and more intensive than other, more directive forms of therapy, so I was trained in it and practiced it.
- Increasingly, however, Freudian psychology was influencing how scholars thought about early childhood and the development of sexuality and masculine and feminine characteristics.
- Mack has embraced traditions from Freudian psychoanalysis to the guided meditation of Werner Erhard.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.