In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I catch buses quite frequently and appreciate the courtesy and friendliness of most of the drivers.
- What makes this place distinct is the spirit of community, the friendliness, the helpfulness.
- That act of kindness and the lady's friendliness and genuine concern that we had had a good day in Bury, warmed our hearts.
- You'll probably find them listening and responding with unexpected warmth and friendliness.
- He somehow always manages to infuse it with warmth and friendliness and humor.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.