In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fuego amigo masculine
- Although he was mortally wounded by friendly fire, the flank attack continued under Stuart the next day, joining up with Lee.
- The number of British dead now stands at 20, with 18 of those killed in accidents or by friendly fire.
- And then there is the added danger of mines, hidden weapons, friendly fire and the environment itself.
- Although the combatant forces are heavily intermixed, friendly fire does not appear to have been an issue during the actual battle.
- With seven different dye colors available, it's possible to find out who shot who, and how much friendly fire their was.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.