In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1amistad femininehe did it out of friendship for her — lo hizo por la amistad que lo unía a ella
- The film has a positive message because Bella does find friendship and love.
- Name beads are the newest and most creative way to show your love and friendship.
- Love and friendship are your source of strength when the going gets tough.
- It is incredibly cruel to think of siblings being kept apart and missing out on a lifetime of love and friendship that is theirs by right.
- The film is a comment on love, friendship and the struggle to create an individual sense of family.
- Since their childhood they had been friends and their friendship blossomed into love.
- She was a lady of generosity, love and friendship and of great intellectual ability and laity.
- Two people would trade their turbans to show love or friendship towards each other.
- Even if it is done in the spirit of goodwill and friendship it could be misconstrued.
- We know we are capable of love, loyalty and friendship, however much we fall short of our own standards.
- Yes, they say that your future partner is your best friend and that friendship can turn into love.
- You confuse love and friendship, but you don't become over attached to friends or lovers.
- In this comedy of friendship and love, Julia disguises herself as a boy, Sebastian.
- She had a great interest in people and valued friendship in a special way.
- It's a place where we can share our love and friendship with one another.
- Real friendship is a rare and precious gift, strong, stable, yet fragile, and never to be taken for granted.
- She said the only ones sometimes who teach us about friendship and love are the pupils in this school.
- Lucky for you, it's something that can be shared through friendship and love.
- It was supposed to be full of love and passion and friendship, not coldness and distance.
- I would rebrand it as a day of giving - giving time, giving attention, giving tokens of love and friendship.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.