In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1amistad femininehe did it out of friendship for her — lo hizo por la amistad que lo unía a ella
- Real friendship is a rare and precious gift, strong, stable, yet fragile, and never to be taken for granted.
- She was a lady of generosity, love and friendship and of great intellectual ability and laity.
- Love and friendship are your source of strength when the going gets tough.
- The film has a positive message because Bella does find friendship and love.
- You confuse love and friendship, but you don't become over attached to friends or lovers.
- Since their childhood they had been friends and their friendship blossomed into love.
- The film is a comment on love, friendship and the struggle to create an individual sense of family.
- It was supposed to be full of love and passion and friendship, not coldness and distance.
- Name beads are the newest and most creative way to show your love and friendship.
- Yes, they say that your future partner is your best friend and that friendship can turn into love.
- Two people would trade their turbans to show love or friendship towards each other.
- Even if it is done in the spirit of goodwill and friendship it could be misconstrued.
- She said the only ones sometimes who teach us about friendship and love are the pupils in this school.
- It is incredibly cruel to think of siblings being kept apart and missing out on a lifetime of love and friendship that is theirs by right.
- Lucky for you, it's something that can be shared through friendship and love.
- I would rebrand it as a day of giving - giving time, giving attention, giving tokens of love and friendship.
- We know we are capable of love, loyalty and friendship, however much we fall short of our own standards.
- In this comedy of friendship and love, Julia disguises herself as a boy, Sebastian.
- She had a great interest in people and valued friendship in a special way.
- It's a place where we can share our love and friendship with one another.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.