In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1crespochino Mexicocomo mota Southern Cone
- She tried to flatten down her frizzy red hair and tuck it behind her ears.
- And if your hair is curly as well as frizzy, its natural inclination is to sit away from the scalp.
- She knocked three times before it was opened by a young girl with frizzy red hair.
- Only a small clump of blonde hair still remained in a frizzy pony tail.
- Holmes is humiliated and treated with scorn; he is a flamboyant mess in flared suit and frizzy blond perm.
- Her frizzy red hair is all over the place and her glasses are askew.
- Her cheeks were red from the cold and her blonde hair was frizzy and hanging out over her shoulders.
- Her raven black hair was tangled and frizzy and had a leaf and dirt in it.
- She was pretty, with curly, frizzy hair usually pulled back in a ponytail.
- Then I saw the mop of frizzy blonde hair, and a flash of red lipstick as she took a glance out of the window.
- Her normally sleek auburn hair was frizzy and knotted and her clothes were wrinkled from a night of restless sleep.
- If you have naturally curly tresses, you have probably had to deal with frizzy hair at some point.
- Ava strode through the halls with her face in a book, her hair in a messy ponytail with frizzy red hairs everywhere.
- She appears three minutes later, her red hair all wild and frizzy, and her glasses askew.
- People with frizzy or curly hair often find their hair unmanageable.
- Her hair was a frizzy mess of curls piled atop her head and her eyes could barely open because she was so tired.
- This page details specific techniques for straightening frizzy hair using a round brush and hair dryer or a hot air brush.
- She was an awkward girl with frizzy, curly blonde hair.
- Harder still is trying to turn your frizzy, curly hair into a smooth, straight and silky looking hairdo.
- Some of these are light in weight and can be used alone on hair that gets frizzy but becomes overly limp with more product.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.