In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1primera plana feminineto hit / make the front page — salir en primera plana
- before noun front-page news — noticia de primera plana
- When he returned the local newspaper had a front-page story which made him cringe.
- Some of the most famous front pages, from the early 20th century to the present day, are reproduced here.
- Across Australia, his passing provoked front-page headlines in newspapers and pages of coverage.
- Just days after being installed, the state-owned Daily News carried a front-page story highlighting the president's directive to take ‘urgent actions to uplift estate workers’.
- The New University, the student newspaper, published a front-page article, which featured, more or less verbatim, Mary's charges.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.