In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The procedure is based on the cleavage of sucrose by invertase to glucose and fructose.
- Glucose and fructose, two sugars found in fruits and vegetables, are monosaccharides.
- Glucose, sucrose and fructose are the major soluble sugars found in strawberry fruit.
- When sucrose is hydrolyzed the mixture of glucose and fructose is called invert sugar.
- Invertase, for example, aids photosynthesis in vine leaves, by converting sucrose to the invert sugars fructose and glucose.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.