1.1(collectively)fruta feminineI don't like fruit — no me gusta la fruta
- different types of fruit — distintas frutas
- a piece of fruit — una (pieza de) fruta
- fruit grower — fruticultora
- fruit knife — cuchillo de fruta
- Historically this has been an area for producing table grapes (along with other tree fruits such as cherries).
- The Burmese enjoy spicy foods and they favor fruits over processed sweets.
- Because it contains high levels of salt, Josie should eat potassium-rich foods, such as fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as drink lots of water.
- A meal is usually followed by fresh fruits or sweets.
- Your baby requires vitamin C for tissue growth, while your body needs it to absorb iron and other important nutrients, so increase your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- The abundance of pawpaw trees, whose fruit tastes like banana custard, amplifies the tropical effect.
- If you plant the seed of a sweet fruit such as an orange, it will grow as an orange tree and produce oranges.
- Make a welcoming display in your hallway with bowls of fresh fruit, candles, sweets and wreaths.
- Unlike mangoes and other tropical fruits, a diverse community of fig trees provides food year - round.
- China's food exports, often very competitively priced, include fresh and processed fruits, vegetables, seafood and meat.
- The variety of edible products carried on rolling stores included soda pop, fresh fruits, and vegetables.
- Include lots of green leafy vegetables and sweet juicy fruits.
- As the lemurs digest the fleshy fruit, the seed is passed through their system, normally away from the parent tree.
- The food eaten may be oysters, fresh fruit or vegetables, water, ice, or bakery products.
- Libran foods and plants include many fruits - strawberry, peach, apple, autumn berries.
- Begin to buy whole-grain products and fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Upon entering the room the sweetest smell of fresh fruits and warm pastries flooded their senses, followed by the smell of cooked bacon.
- Eat high-fiber foods, such as fresh fruits and vegetables, brans and whole grains.
- You will be able to enjoy fresh vegetables, fruits, or sweets accompanied with a light soda or sparking water.
- Whole fresh fruits, dried fruits and packaged pre-cut vegetables are easy snacks to take with you.
1.2(type)(as food) fruta feminineBotany fruto masculine
- Stained cells corresponding to immature xylem were detected in vascular bundles of flowers and fruits.
- A wide variety of organs from various plant species were analysed: roots, stems, hypocotyls, leaves, fruits, and petioles.
- Every 12 h during the period of prolonged darkness, samples of young leaves, flowers, roots and fruits from two plants were harvested for analysis.
- The proportion of flowers and ovules that develop into fruits and seeds in flowering plants rarely reaches 1.
- Most of the major food crops of the world are highly sensitive to soil salinity; they show reduced growth rate and yield, and may have stunted fruits, leaves and stems.
2(product)fruto masculinethe fruits of the earth — los frutos de la tierra
- the fruit(s) of his labors/of two years' research — el fruto de su trabajo/de dos años de investigación
- They need to get with the program and start enjoying the fruits of imperial labor.
- I got total pleasure from watching people's reaction as they enjoyed the fruits my labor.
- It became evident in the select committee some weeks ago that there was an enormous risk that North Shore City would be denied the fruits of the results of the High Court decision.
- By associating with IPRS, they enjoy the fruits of its activism.
- Exporters will reap the fruits of their labour.
- Our right is only over our actions, not over the fruits of the actions.
- Have you never experienced the fruits of my rewards?
- It was their just reward last week to see the fruits of their labour come to fruition and be recognised.
- My parents do all the work while I enjoy the fruits of their labor.
- The contest between capital and labour over the fruits of economically productive activity remains the front line struggle.
- Photography remained a private activity, the fruits of which were stored in over 150 albums - 14,500 pages of images.
- Technique, as always, is crucial to reaping the fruits of your labors.
- Americans are still expecting to see the fruits of George W Bush's promised tax cuts trickle down over the next few years.
- That means I am attached to the results, to the fruits.
3US offensive, slang(homosexual)maricón masculine informal offensivemariposa masculine informallilo masculine Mexico informal derogatory