In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mosca de la fruta feminine
- It's been more than 20 years since researchers first genetically engineered an insect, the laboratory fruit fly.
- The reproductive system of the female fruit fly, as in humans, contains a reservoir of adult stem cells.
- In the fruit fly, there is a well-studied system that prevents transmission of one particular genotype to the next generation in appropriate genetic backgrounds.
- The researchers plan to identify genes that have helped the fruit flies adapt to these harsh conditions.
- Increased levels of PKG have completely opposite effects in C. elegans compared to the fruit fly or honey bee.
- When a fruit fly begins to mature from a juvenile larva into an adult, it is known as a pupa, like the one on the left.
- The first mutations of a single gene affecting the daily locomotion rhythm were found in the fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster.
- Wormy fruit is the work of the currant fruit fly.
- The study, which paves the way for a new era of bee research, marks the third insect genome to be sequenced, after the fruit fly and the mosquito.
- This finding, say the researchers, indicates that inertia, and not friction, is the greater force for the fruit fly to overcome in the turn.
- Previous evidence suggested that fruit flies and humans rely on the same genes to develop their auditory organs, which in the fruit fly is in the antenna.
- If you turn it on artificially in a fruit fly, in the antenna of the fruit fly, then the fruit fly will grow an eye in its antenna.
- Hox genes were discovered through the study of the fruit fly.
- Morgan wanted to draw firm conclusions based on quantitative and analytical data and so set out to test their theories using the fruit fly as his subject.
- We found that mutations in small bristles affect several tissues during the development of the fruit fly.
- The reproductive potential of fruit flies is enormous; given the opportunity, they will lay about 500 eggs.
- To elucidate the cellular functions of NSF, we have chosen to use a genetic approach in the fruit fly, Drosophila melanogaster.
- In fact so similar is this gene, that pieces of the mammalian gene, when spliced into a fruit fly, will cause a wing to appear on the fly.
- The fruit fly is among the most studied organisms in the world, because its genes can be easily examined and manipulated to simulate human genetics.
- Normally, the black cherry fruit fly will emerge 10 days to two weeks earlier than the cherry fruit fly.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.