In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(pan)sartén femininesartén masculine Latin Americadeep (fat) fryer — freidora feminine
- Come closer, and note the absence of any conventional stovetops, closed ovens, deep fryers, or steam table.
- Well, the industry has added a lot of warnings to these turkey fryers.
- This mandate led to the elimination of deep fat fryers, and the provision of two daily meal choices (served with salad) that would appeal to teenagers.
- The fitted kitchen cum breakfast room has a Belfast sink, double oven, kitchen island with electric and gas double hobs, deep fat fryer and a wine rack.
- Included in the sale are a built-in hob, oven and deep fat fryer along with a washing machine and dishwasher.
- Another rebelled in a healthy eating household and bought a deep fat fryer.
- One reported burn incident occurred when partially frozen chicken wings were added to hot oil in a turkey fryer.
- Homeowners often make mistakes when using a turkey fryer.
- For the plantain crust: Preheat the deep fryer to 325 degrees.
- There have been many foods that we have put into a deep fryer: Twinkies, Snickers bars, Oreos, pickles, even cheesecake.
- Raffle prizes ranged from bottles of wine to televisions and deep fat fryers.
- You can get deep fat fryers nowadays from about £20 upwards.
- The no-frills atmosphere and the constant sizzle of the deep fryer add an air of authenticity, even if take-out orders aren't wrapped in newspaper anymore.
- For the asparagus tempura roll: In a deep fryer or tall sided pot, combine vegetable and sesame oils and heat to 350 degrees.
- She kept her cool, even remembering to turn off the oven and deep fat fryer.
- The second was filled with an ill-smelling haze from the deep fat friers in the back kitchen.
- Place the ring molds in the fryer until golden brown, about one minute.
- Even the waste fat from fast-food deep fryers can he used, and the conversion process is simple enough that some enthusiasts make it in their own kitchens.
- There is also a number of integrated Miele appliances, including a gas and electric hob, deep fat fryer, oven, microwave and fridge-freezer.
- An unusual feature is the electric hob which incorporates a barbecue grill and deep fat fryer as well as two electric plates.
2US(young chicken)(joven y adecuado para freír) pollo masculine
- When I shop for chicken, I don't buy anything other than whole fryers because I know how marked up the parts are.
- Of course, young chickens (also called broilers and fryers; under 6 lb. and about seven weeks old) can be roasted.
- Into the locker went butchered chickens - you butchered them when they had become fryers, though some were permitted to reach the roaster or stewing stage.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.