In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fugitivo masculinefugitiva femininea fugitive from justice — un prófugo de la justicia
- On the morning of February 11, a fugitive wanted online throughout the country was arrested.
- Of course, helping a fugitive escape the police wasn't on the agenda either.
- The federal government also pursued the matter of fugitive slaves escaping overland to territories held by foreign powers.
- Still, he was about to apprehend a fugitive who'd eluded the police for eleven years.
- We extradite fugitives that come to America from other countries.
- Readers may be shocked to learn that I am currently harbouring a political fugitive.
- And, as if that wasn't bad enough, the fugitives had been separated.
- They emerged from 1960s radical chic to become America's most wanted fugitives.
- Information gathered by the police indicates that all of the fugitives have scattered.
- And he is one of the six most wanted fugitives by the FBI.
- Now in his 16th season, "America's Most Wanted " has helped capture 735 fugitives.
- We get two to three thousand calls every week, and we've caught 723 dangerous fugitives in 31 countries.
- On the morning of February 10, a wanted fugitive surrendered himself to police.
- Right now he is a fugitive on the run, if he is alive.
- An escape from slavery is an expansion of experience and cultural consciousness, one that fugitive slave narratives record repeatedly.
- The officers watched in amazement as their daring fugitive escaped.
- A wanted fugitive of the American highways has been holding up traffic in Steeton.
- I would rather die first, or become a fugitive from justice!
- Now that she has become a fugitive from justice, the townspeople see an opportunity to exploit her.
- He fled bail to become a fugitive from justice.
3(not fast)(dye/color) no sólido
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.