In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fugitivo masculinefugitiva femininea fugitive from justice — un prófugo de la justicia
- Readers may be shocked to learn that I am currently harbouring a political fugitive.
- An escape from slavery is an expansion of experience and cultural consciousness, one that fugitive slave narratives record repeatedly.
- He fled bail to become a fugitive from justice.
- And he is one of the six most wanted fugitives by the FBI.
- A wanted fugitive of the American highways has been holding up traffic in Steeton.
- The officers watched in amazement as their daring fugitive escaped.
- Still, he was about to apprehend a fugitive who'd eluded the police for eleven years.
- We extradite fugitives that come to America from other countries.
- I would rather die first, or become a fugitive from justice!
- The federal government also pursued the matter of fugitive slaves escaping overland to territories held by foreign powers.
- And, as if that wasn't bad enough, the fugitives had been separated.
- Of course, helping a fugitive escape the police wasn't on the agenda either.
- Right now he is a fugitive on the run, if he is alive.
- We get two to three thousand calls every week, and we've caught 723 dangerous fugitives in 31 countries.
- Now in his 16th season, "America's Most Wanted " has helped capture 735 fugitives.
- Now that she has become a fugitive from justice, the townspeople see an opportunity to exploit her.
- On the morning of February 10, a wanted fugitive surrendered himself to police.
- They emerged from 1960s radical chic to become America's most wanted fugitives.
- On the morning of February 11, a fugitive wanted online throughout the country was arrested.
- Information gathered by the police indicates that all of the fugitives have scattered.
3(not fast)(dye/color) no sólido
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.