In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(taste/aroma) intenso(port/wine) con cuerpo
- Nick's soup was a rich brown colour and had a full-bodied mushroom flavour.
- The intense colour and elegant bouquet give way to a rich, full-bodied wine with ripe fruit and polished tannins.
- Warm touches of crushed blackcurrant and eucalyptus lead to a full-bodied and satisfying finish.
- Bowman's novel starts off slowly but, like a good tea set to steep, becomes richer and more full-bodied as you read.
- The bock is a strong, full-bodied, malty lager, no matter what the colour or ranges in alcohol content.
- The 2003 version has settled and is a rich, full-bodied table wine.
- Australian white tend to be full-bodied and ripe in style, with tropical flavors and moderate acidity.
- Oliver has a wonderfully sweet voice that is full-bodied and rich in harmonics.
- Having just one guitarist, I was extremely impressed at how he managed to create such a large full-bodied sound.
- It produces wines ranging from a pale, crisp version to a full-bodied golden wine with a ripe fruit flavour, depending on when it is picked.
- All the notes were clearly in his fingers and his head, and he drew a warm, full-bodied sound from the Hamburg Steinway.
- The best by far were the flavoursome and full-bodied standard Russian and Polish vodkas.
- It is a full-bodied dry red wine with many subtle aromas and flavours.
- With plenty of spice and cherry flavours it's full-bodied and ready to drink.
- And with music CDs the tube offered warm, full-bodied sound comparable to a good home audio setup.
- Although the flavours are rich and full-bodied, the whisky delivers them in a soft and silky package.
- With reds, you can go from a light, easy-drinking variety to a full-bodied wine that can knock your socks off!
- Rich and full-bodied, Jamaican rum is considered among the best in the world.
- This old, and now rare traditional variety has deep, full-bodied apple aromas, which hold nothing back on a super juicy palate.
- The buttered black bean dahl had a full-bodied spicing to it, a flavour with enough interest that it didn't get boring after a few bites.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.