In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(portrait/mirror/photograph) de cuerpo entero(skirt/dress) largoa full-length feature film — un largometraje
- While the book uses mostly evocative narrative images as its illustrations, it also includes a handful of full-length portraits.
- Point being, we sadly did not have time during this brief pre-London Bridge exchange to ask why she was carrying with her a slim, wood-backed full-length mirror.
- Yet now and then you feel the tug, standing in front of a full-length mirror, fantasizing about cannonball shoulders and chiseled biceps.
- Queen Victoria, Prince Albert and mad George III were also on hand, although only in full-length portrait form.
- It also means passengers can travel light on long-haul flights and don't cram cabins with suits or full-length dresses.
- Despite the sweltering heat, he was wearing trousers and a full-length shirt.
- If you decide to stay, dress appropriately in non-synthetic full-length clothing, and sturdy leather boots.
- She was standing looking at her body in the full-length mirror through the steam of the filling bath when she heard the steady snipping of garden shears.
- Although his full-length robe includes a priestly high collar, he is without the flowing cloak which was a feature of Jesuit priestly dress.
- The bride wore a full-length gown of white brocade with shoulder length veil and tiara.
- Woollen kilts, Hessian full-length skirts, single shoulder organza tops and transparent trousers appear in earthy tones of brown and green.
- I didn't even have a full-length mirror in my flat at that stage.
- She picked up the full-length mirror next to her and threw it at me.
- The addition of full-length curtains, soft furnishings and cushions will go some way to reducing noise levels.
- She always wore flowery, full-length skirts with a cotton blouse.
- He was wearing a black or dark coloured full-length coat, jeans and a sweatshirt at the time of the attack.
- I had a long, hard look at myself in the full-length mirror this morning.
- She put it all on and looked into a full-length mirror.
- Ladies who fear show day will be wet could do worse than try a waterproof three-quarter or full-length jacket with a caped shoulder and fully lined in country check by Target Dry.
- She looked into her full-length mirror and studied herself.
- Twomey, who had bought the full-length coat in Brown Thomas, said it was worth between €450 and €550.
- So the owner of the shop goes in back and comes out with an absolutely gorgeous full-length coat.
- Besides a king-size bed with white sheets, a wooden table and a full-length mirror by the side of the bed, there was simply nothing else in the room.
- Sarah stood in front of the full-length mirror and gazed at herself.
- However, the female bathrooms are more carefully designed with full-length mirrors, seats and rolled hand towels.
- The Government really should issue a full-length mirror to every home in the nation, and enshrine its use in legislation.
- Berber men in Kabylia wore a burnous, a full-length cloak worn with a hood, woven out of very fine white or brown wool.
- I don't seem to have any kind of realistic body image and almost never enjoy what I see in a full-length mirror.
- Colorful, full-length skirts are worn with delicately embroidered white blouses, sometimes worn off the shoulder.
- Ter Borch's later full-length portraits depict sitters with reserved yet confident postures.
- In a showroom dominated by a full-length mirror and vast photos of his clothes from the pages of Vogue, we drank endless cups of herbal tea, while Gibb and Bates smoked a chain of cigarettes.
- Ladies of the dominion dressed in full-length gowns that touched the floor.
- Keep in mind that a full-length jacket should fall around the lower level of your shins, which is perfect for those colder winter days.
- I glanced down at myself, my tan sweater and black full-length skirt.
- He is dressed in a Crombie full-length coat and is brandishing a sharpened steel comb.
- In fact, it was replaced by white walls, a wooden table and a full-length mirror.
- Let's face it; the quick look you take in the full-length mirror outside the changing room is not always the best judge.
- In addition to these were full-length portraits of the Duke and Duchess of Cumberland, showing that Gainsborough was attracting patronage from the royal family.
- So the stainless steel sculpture ended up in a more traditional full-length gown.
- She wore a full-length white night gown, a fabric made translucent by the moon and low bedside lamp and creating a perfect silhouette of her form underneath.
1he lay full-length on the floor — estaba tendido en el piso cuan largo era
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.