1(allotted time)the government's mandate is unlikely to last its full term — es poco probable que el gobierno complete su mandato
- the pregnancy reached full term — fue un embarazo a término
- For continuing to maintain their innocence, and for refusing to participate in rehabilitation programs for sex offenders, they were denied parole and served out their full terms.
- When was the last time we had a president who had been in for two full terms and then came out and was still young?
- The immediacy of his passing, combined with the fact that the last time president who served two full terms died was thirty-five years ago, means there's going to be a bit of rhetorical overkill.
- There shall be nine staggered full terms of Regular Service on the Supreme Court, each approximately 18 years in length, with terms beginning and ending every two years in odd numbered years.
- In Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh the Congress had already ruled for two full terms and it was most unlikely for it to return to power.
- Three full terms, being 12 years, I would see as a maximum.
- Were they to fail to complete nine full terms, they will be prevented from taking their degrees in the expected year, unless they receive special dispensation.
- The national secretary of the Communist Party of India today said he was confident that the United Progressive Alliance Government would complete its full term ‘despite the Bharatiya Janata Party's attempts to destabilise it.’
- The ever-canny Ronald Reagan was the only Republican president since Eisenhower who managed to serve two full terms.
- Each of the following Presidents served exactly two full terms in office.
- During his three full terms, Kerry has served in many Party Committees and was recently Chairman of the Committee on Small Businesses.
- The city's new elected officials, Mayor Cheryl Cox and Councilman Rudy Ramirez, both said yesterday that they will support Najera for a full term.
- During his multiple hour speech in the afternoon sun, Chavez touched on many issues, including his recent international tour, the United States, Christianity, the electoral campaign, and his plans for his second full term.
- It was one of the keys to his having two full terms in the presidency, a kind of thumbs-up demeanor.
- But, of course, he had outdone his father, becoming a member of that surprisingly small, select club of presidents who have won two full terms.
- Their health has already deteriorated after a year in jail and will worsen further if they are compelled to serve their full terms.
- A majority similar in scale to that provided by the last one, or at least the psychologically-important 100 seats, and the party will serve two full terms consecutively for the first time in history.
- The World War II veteran served eight full terms.
- Ramaphosa has time on his side and his withdrawal from active politics since 1996 indicated his awareness that Mbeki was likely to serve two full terms in office and that his opportunity would duly come in 2009.
- Has any White House chief of staff stayed on for two full terms, as Andy Card seems poised to do?
2(at universities)período lectivo del cuatrimestre masculine
- You can apply two full terms worth of previous studies before starting your official pre-thesis study.
- I understand that when full term ends lectures and supervision also do so, but would hate to miss out on anything academic or crucially social in the Cambridge calendar between the two dates!