In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US football) fulbac feminine(in US football) corredor de poder masculine(in US football) corredora de poder feminine(in rugby) zaguero masculine(in rugby) zaguera feminine(in soccer) defensa feminine(in soccer) zaguero masculine(in soccer) zaguera feminine
- Chelsea's preseason has already demonstrated an interesting fluid style of play, utilizing the fullbacks as an attacking quantity, very similar to Bielsa's highly successful Argentinean side in the recent Copa
- Then, in an excellent defensive move, Blues fullback Adam Slade stopped another fast break from Baxter with a determined last-minute tackle.
- I've had the opportunity to see him in the flesh twice and his pace down the left (although stunted a little by injury a few years back) still has the knack of roasting opposing fullbacks.
- I still have to decide who the other fullbacks will be.
- This new kicking repertoire has seen fullbacks covering lots of ground in short amounts of time.
- Defense is all the team, it's not just midfielders, fullbacks and the goalkeeper.
- The team plays a 4-4-2 system and the team strategy is to encourage and create space to allow the fullbacks to get forward.
- The fullbacks and wingers simply double up on Arsenal's two wingers, leaving the Central defenders one task, marking the two strikers.
- Again Rankin failed with the easy conversion and Jed at last found some glimmer of hope when fullback Kevin Amos struck a fine penalty goal from 35 metres.
- New signing Stuart Calvers made an impressive start and veteran fullback Martin Potts popped over his customary drop goal.
- Tight defending by fullbacks kept the tenacious Battyeford side at bay.
- A replacement will however have to be found for fullback Ryan Horrman, on provincial duty, and wing Kevin Mattheus, who has an ankle injury.
- Tamatea High School halfback Sami Lauano cleared the ball well and had a high defensive workrate while fullback Kris Alexander was another to shine in the winning backline.
- For Brumbies, tries went to centre Gordon Ephriam and wing Wayne Pharo with fullback Rodney McDonald slotting three penalties.
- Silsden retained a their 4-4 - 2 system which allowed fullbacks, Adam Reed and Michael Rhodes to attack down the wings.
- With a sleek line they were still able to score a single try and four penalties coming from fullback Tisel Jayawardena's toe.
- The fullback kicked six penalties, but missed four shots at goal as well as missing touch regularly and with ball in hand he never looked anything like the player of the past.
- Orrell were without first choice fullbacks who were sent home before kick off after suffering a stomach ailment in the dressing room.
- Arnside gave away a penalty, but they gained a draw thanks to an own goal by Galgate fullback Kevin Voyle.
- One of the league's best blocking fullbacks and an improving runner, Christian missed the final two games in 1998 and all of the playoffs after tearing the ACL and MCL in the same knee.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.