In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gases masculineto give off fumes — despedir gases
- The factors considered by the agency are noise, vibration, smell, fumes, smoke and artificial lighting as well as the discharge of any solid or liquid substance on to the land.
- You set fire to it, then deeply inhale the smoky poisonous fumes.
- Have a gas mask to prevent you from inhaling any hazardous fumes.
- Inhaling nitric acid fumes can cause irritation or burns to the respiratory system and may lead to pneumonia and a collection of fluid in the lungs, which can be fatal.
- Many said they had smelled strong gas fumes during the explosion.
- But on 6 March of that year Ross Lockridge killed himself with the fumes from his car exhaust.
- An elderly man died from inhaling poisonous fumes as he tried to put out a fire at his home.
- At around 3.30 am, after everyone had returned to the house and gone to bed, Mr Keith said he was alerted by the smell of fumes and a smoke alarm going off in the extension.
- After paying him, he took off, leaving me to inhale his gas fumes, which led to yet another hacking spell.
- These alloys are very toxic and dangerous if beryllium fumes are not captured and exhausted by proper ventilating equipment.
- But by the same token, I'm making an equally viable decision not to smoke - that includes not inhaling your stale fumes.
- Respirators must be worn if the ambient concentration of welding fumes exceeds prescribed exposure limits.
- If you suspect that someone has inhaled poisonous fumes, first assess the situation and your risk.
- Symptoms can be made worse by emotional stress, some foods, smells, fumes, smoke, or travelling.
- I also have become very ill from inhaling the fumes from the exhaust diesel gases that come from the buses.
- I inhale fumes from the car mechanic's shop downstairs, I shower over the rumbling of the subway.
- This should be followed by banning power stations, which spew out fumes and greenhouse gases.
- And inhaling the exhaust fumes is unpleasant and unhealthy.
- Today, health bosses pledged to offer all smokers the chance to give up smoking - while at the same time doing all they could to stop non-smokers inhaling poisonous fumes.
- Many factors can affect the amount of fume generated and the toxicity hazards of those emissions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.