In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Great architecture integrates functionality and fitness for purpose with a wealth of other values.
- We have far superior restroom functionality and standards here.
- These consumers tend to buy luxury products for their superior functionality and quality.
- We throw away stuff not because it's outlived its usefulness or functionality but its novelty.
- To me the test of good technology is functionality, ability to enhance the quality of my life, and absence of moral conundrums.
- Publishers are looking at ways in which they can improve services and functionality.
- The rooms they're served in exhibit durability and functionality instead of style, and they rarely ever change.
- Adding a rustic butcher block island creates a wonderful visual effect as well as provides useful functionality.
- It was loved for its reliability, sporty styling, functionality and utility.
- The status of industrial designers has been steadily rising as consumers demand more than just functionality from the objects that surround them.
- Everyone recognizes that we have come a very long way in bringing superior quality and functionality within reach of the masses.
- I was really impressed with the ease of use, ergonomics, and functionality built into the web meeting application.
- So this is a slight downside of the new machine. It isn't a problem in terms of functionality, but it is a little bit of a problem in terms of design and convenience.
- Aesthetic quality and functionality were the decisive criteria for the choice of materials.
- Innovative material developments, lots of hidden functionality and new finishing techniques mean a high degree of wear comfort.
- People want functionality and quality, but also want to make a statement; they want to be cool.
- You can get the best quality material for your cabinets but lose out on their functionality.
- The English language has no easy way to distinguish between statements of functionality and purposefulness.
- Therefore, usability concerns interfere with understanding purpose and functionality.
- When you look at the versatility, durability, functionality and quality of our equipment we are very well off.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.