In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(act) financiación feminine(act) financiamiento masculine(resources) fondos masculine(resources) recursos masculinetheir funding comes from industry — sus recursos / fondos provienen de la industria
- He is due to publish it tomorrow at a Glasgow conference on the private funding of public services.
- The two hour walk is held in memory of the youngster and to raise awareness of the disease and funding for research.
- That is why Oxfam is campaigning to scrap the voucher system and replace it with more humane funding.
- Journalists say one thing, scientists want funding and politicians want bandwagons.
- Later, Chinese funding of malaria research at the institute gave a further push.
- The purpose of tax funding is to allow a variety of views to be aired.
- She also said there was no capital investment funding in place at present to build a new visitor centre.
- Lottery funding has provided a lifeline to the only theatre in Trowbridge.
- He called on the international community to help provide resources and funding.
- What's the point in funding scientists if your not going to listen to them?
- The solution has to be to provide more funding in order to be able to meet the high demand.
- This is the primary reason for the dearth of funding for ageing research, but Dr. de Grey is fighting back.
- In the United States a coalition of groups of patients has argued for public funding for such research.
- There is an assumption that the issue hinges on access and funding, with quality lagging far behind.
- Assistance with funding was also provided by English Nature and a local quarrying company.
- Reluctant as always to spend money, the Queen had never provided proper funding for his work.
- The group has also secured funding to provide a major new project for artists.
- Being told they simply had to spend money on capital funding, for example, forced them to catch up on that.
- The report urges the Government to provide specific funding for powered wheelchairs.
- It has sound financial management and funding is allocated according to its priorities.
- Other substantial amounts of funding were provided for welfare and educational projects.
- The new funding from the two bodies means phase two can now get under way.
- Without value, it becomes highly likely that government funding for research would slow as well.
- Yet rumors persist that something is up within the department in regards to funding.
- Ireland needs to keep the accelerator down on funding for research and development.
- She said the authorities were not providing the extra funding needed to help meet the costs.
- But if the government wanted the idea to succeed it would have to provide some initial funding.
- Proper funding to humanities departments in universities would also be a big help.
- Corporate funding was pumped into new buildings that sprouted up on the Belfield campus.
- The best way to tackle this is to provide additional funding for the police to recruit extra officers.
- The answer lies in cheaper film crews, extra funding for productions and a lower cost of living.
- Moreover, some types of research funding do not result in any benefit to a school.
- The money will also be used to provide funding for an ethnic minority liaison officer to work in the community.
- It also reveals a preference for debt over equity as a means of providing external funding.
- Strenuous efforts were made to secure public funding and overcome the obstacles presented.
- The funding will provide a range of services that will assist in the matching of businesses and investors.
- One thing we would ask is for funding to be provided to maintain the new facilities to the required standard.
- This funding has improved the quality of life of people in the county and been good for business.
- Martin, who is the best man to ever walk the earth, can't get lottery funding for love nor money.
- However, we still rely entirely on the generosity of the public for funding.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.