In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1funerales masculinefuneral masculinemasculine entierro(pyre/customs) funerariothat's your (o his etc)funeral — allá tú (or él etc.) informal
- funeral procession — cortejo fúnebre
- funeral service — exequias
- Signs of her popularity were visible by the large attendance at her funeral services.
- Shocked regulars are holding a wake for him at the pub after his funeral service at Southend Crematorium next Tuesday.
- Kevin Warr's family and friends packed into his funeral service at Overdale Crematorium.
- The funeral service this morning for the colleague from work was very well attended.
- Preparations are being made to assist those attending the coming funeral services.
- There would be no weddings, no funerals and no big services because we could not get people up here.
- The couple attended the funeral service with their younger daughter, Sarah, 14.
- Friends and family later attended the funeral service at The Knowle, followed by cremation at Oakworth.
- The funeral service is at Haltemprice Crematorium on Wednesday at noon.
- The large attendances at his funeral services showed the deep respect in which he was held in the parish.
- Accordingly, it is suggested that time to attend funerals and memorial services be provided to staff members to facilitate grieving and closure.
- Among those attending the funeral service were representatives from a host of other clubs and other sports.
- The funeral service and cremation will be held at Scholemoor Cemetery tomorrow at 1pm.
- A funeral service was taking place today at Scarborough Crematorium followed by a wake at a local pub.
- Recently I attended the funeral service of a man who retired less than one year ago.
- Marion was unable to travel from America but was able to attend the funeral service in Sydney.
- The funeral service will be held at York Crematorium on Friday, August 10 at a time still to be announced.
- She was trussed up in a fashion resembling preparation for a ritual funeral service.
- Today we travel down to the West to do the funeral service and burial for Grandma on Saturday.
- His funeral service had to be delayed owing to his death being so far away from home.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.