In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de hongosMedicine micótico
- Apple scab is a fungal disease that causes black splotches on leaves and fruit.
- By contrast, the fungal cells of the sheath and the Hartig net were less susceptible to freezing artefacts.
- It is clear that the subtleties of plant and fungal sphingolipid desaturation are only starting to be unravelled.
- This reduction in total germination percentage was accompanied by a higher rate of fungal growth in primed seeds.
- This is rarer and is usually caused by weeds such as nettles and docks, late flowering plants and fungal spores.
- One to two days after fungal mycelia reached the plant stem, all leaves were collected for RNA extractions.
- Also, lime addition, by increasing pH, has been shown to stimulate mycorrhizal fungal abundance.
- Samples of plants in the field were found to be suffering from another fungal disease, Rhizoctonia.
- Check stored bulbs and corms for frost damage, fungal disease and attacks by rodents.
- It should have been under cover from the end of November, but hopefully the leaf curl fungal spores aren't active yet.
- If plum trees are pruned at the wrong time of year, they are often attacked by silver leaf, a serious fungal disease.
- Uvitex 2B stain is an optical brightener that specifically binds to the chitin of fungal cell walls.
- Some authors suggest that the plant defence response plays a role in its control over the development of the fungal symbionts.
- Check stored bulbs and corms for fungal diseases and damage by rodents.
- The species of fungus and number of fungal species isolated seemed to affect the risk of death.
- Beetle grazing can induce resistance against fungal infections in Rumex obtusifolius.
- This spray will also help control other fungal diseases such as shot hole and brown rot.
- Rice blast is a fungal disease which is currently the leading cause of rice loss.
- Starch disappeared prior to actual fungal penetration of the tubercles.
- There are reports of exposure to fungal elicitors leading to extracellular alkalization in plant cell cultures.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.