In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Such resistance reduces the cost of hop production and the amount of fungicides used because the fungus is not able to infest resistant plants.
- Until 1997, cadmium carbonate and cadmium chloride were used as fungicides for golf courses and home lawns.
- Agricultural chemicals such as fungicides can be mixed with the seed coatings.
- Common garden seed found in your garden centre is often treated with chemical fungicides and should not be used for sprouting.
- The most commonly used pesticides include highly toxic chemicals called fumigants, fungicides and insecticides.
- Methylamine is used extensively in the manufacture of herbicides and fungicides.
- The fungicides nipagin and propionic acid were added to combat mold in the medium.
- The commonly used fungicides are maneb, mancozeb, daconil and copper-oxychloride.
- Take similar protective measures when spraying insecticides, fungicides, paint and other toxic chemicals.
- Pesticides can be divided into fungicides, herbicides, and insecticides.
- Chemical gardeners would use fungicides and try and deal with the symptoms but I tend to see it as part of the landscape.
- Dust them with a powdered fungicide, such as captan, and spread them in a shady spot to dry for a day.
- Most wine growers panic at the thought of mildew or molds, and chemical fungicides are considered a necessary evil.
- With the elimination of the volatile mercurials, most fungicides now approved for use on seed are classified as nonvolatile.
- Most crop protection chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, and fungicides have chlorine in them.
- The work should help reduce growers' reliance on fungicides and other farm chemicals.
- Older fungicides like wettable sulfur (an organically approved fungicide) are protectants.
- No synthetic pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, growth hormones or chemical treatments of any kind are used.
- The chemical group a fungicide belongs to is defined by its mode of action on a fungus.
- The fungicide could be a synthetic chemical formulation or it could be a biological control.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.