In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1informalhueso del codo masculine
- My entire forearm, elbow to fingertips, was tingling like I'd hit my funny bone.
- So my first thought and the first doctors that saw me thought it might be some physiological thing, like I hit my funny bone for something.
- Sky High nudges your funny bone and then stands back with a hearty grin and says, ‘No offence, buddy.’
- I'm here to say, would you all pick up your elbow and whack your funny bone and feel that pain that stops you in your tracks from doing what you're doing?
- You hit your funny bone and your arm goes numb (it has happened).
- Likewise, plenty of medical research goes into looking at the problems of fracturing a bone, but little is done towards researching the effects of the funny bone.
- I tried to give him the thumbs up but banged my funny bone on the pole and had to shriek in pain.
- Casey's right elbow hit something solid and she bit her lip, feeling the nerve in her arm, her funny bone, twinge.
- I threw myself onto a stool and in the process, not only really hurt my butt, but also hit my funny bone.
- A tap to the right spot behind the elbow, the so-called funny bone, can cause pain and tingling sensations to shoot down your forearm.
- Lovejoy started to feel a funny bone type sensation in his thumb.
- He grabbed it and rubbed his funny bone vigorously until the pain ebbed.
- Instead, it sent his elbow into a nerve shock as he felt his funny bone go haywire.
- Come on, people, let's put the hurt on some funny bones!
- I squeezed my fingers trying to get the tingly feeling of hitting my funny bone.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.